A new Pokémon Trading Card Game series is known as ‘Sword & Shield’ first hit the shelves on 7th February 2020. Featuring cards from the Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield video games, it is the first official Pokémon card game set.
202 new cards, along with a few extra secret cards, which was not listed, were included in this card collection. With unique features, an exciting new card game, “Champion’s path”, an expansion of the Pokémon Sword & Shield, is announced to be released on September 25, 2020.
Just like how a Pokémon TV series is released when a Pokémon game is released by Nintendo, this time too, when the Nintendo switch released Sword and shield games, the Pokémon company also released Sword and shield cards for the card games.
Unlike other card games, Champion’s Path provides actual physical pins that can be collected by purchasing different packages. From September 25th, the first three packages will be ready to be purchased.
According to slashgear.com, Milo’s Turffield Gum, Nessa’s Hulbury Gym, and Kabu’s Motostoke Gym will be released on 25th September; Opal’s Ballonlea Gym, Pier’s Spikemuth Gym along with Raihan’s Hammerlock Gym will be released on November 13th, 2020.
“Champions Path Special Pin Collection” will also be released in two versions, Stow-On-Side Gym and Circhester Gym, on the 2nd of October 2020, which includes “pins featuring each gym two logos and two foil cards showcasing the partner Pokémon of both gym leaders”.
The Pokémon TCG: Champion’s Path Elite Trainer Box Includes:
- 10 Pokémon TCG: Champion’s Path booster packs
- 1 full-art promo card featuring Charizard V
- 65 card sleeves featuring Gigantamax Charizard
- 45 Pokémon TCG Energy cards
- A player’s guide to the Champion’s Path expansion
- A Pokémon TCG rulebook
- 6 damage-counter dice
- 1 competition-legal coin-flip die
- 2 acrylic condition markers
- A collector’s box to hold everything, with 4 dividers to keep it organized
- A code card for the Pokémon Trading Card Game Online
The trainers will be able to experience their journey through the Galar region, similar to the Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield video games.
The Marine special collection of the Champion’s Path will also be available on October 23rd, 2020 which includes 8 Champion’s path booster packs, 2 Pokémon V promo cards, two collector’s pins, and a Pokémon TCG playmat.
Champion’s Path Products Release Dates:
September 25, 2020:
- Champion’s Path Elite Trainer Box
- Milo’s Turffield Gym Pin Collection
- Nessa’s Hulbury Gym Pin Collection
- Kabu’s Motostoke Gym Pin Collection
- Champion’s Path Collection – Dubwool V
October 2, 2020:
- Stow-on-Side Gym Special Pin Collection
- Circhester Gym Special Pin Collection
October 23, 2020:
- Champion’s Path Marnie Special Collection
- Champion’s Path Collection Hatterene V
November 13, 2020:
- Opal’s Ballonlea Gym
- Piers’ Spikemuth Gym
- Raihan’s Hammerlocke Gym
You will be able to play the complete Champions Path expansion when it launches at Pokémon TCG Online.